Monday, August 4, 2008

We're home!

Well we made it home last night. We had such a good time visiting our family in Seattle and Cour D' Alene. I'm really glad we did this road trip. It was a little intimidating traveling so far to places I'd never driven before. I had my map quests with me and I had a month of navigator on my cell phone too! Verizon let me have a month free :) Lucy wasn't thrilled about doing a road trip with mom when we left but she admits to having a great time. Haley slept the whole way home. That's a little over 8 hours and over 500 miles. She was tired from playing with Robyns dogs. We got out and explored Cour d' Alene. Here we are down by the lake. It's a huge lake! Robyn said something like 128 miles of shore line. I have lot's of great pictures to scrap. Hopefully I'll have time soon. I got up this morning and walked Haley and went and worked in my mom's garden. We are getting tons of veggies and our tomato plants are 5 feet tall!

Here is Nate, Lucy and Robyn.

Same location, me in the picture too.

Here is Sam proving he's taller then his mom now! I believe Robyn is 5'10" so Sam is closing in on 6'

Oliver and Haley played and played! I am seriously debating on getting a second dog so Haley won't be so lonely when I'm gone. Her and Oli get along so well I wish I could bring him home :)

Here is my little Lucy with the waterfall we stopped to see just east of Portland.

Zak called my on my way home to let me know that he'd been so sick when he was down in San Diego that they moved his colonoscope to today. He's having a severe flare up of his Crohn's disease. He meets with his doctor tomorrow to go over the results but the doctor did say they are going to have to put him on Remicade. Hopefully that will get it back under control and he won't require surgery. I'll post updates.

No comments: