Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Girls and a freebie

Well thank goodness the rainy weather has stopped and we've had a couple days of sunshine again. I think I'm feeling fall in the air though. Maddie is just about all recovered from being hit by the car. She has a check up with the vet in a couple weeks, but she's running much faster and isn't limping at all. I actually took both dogs for a couple walks by myself now and it's gone smoother then I imagined. Maddie is a pretty easy going dog and she's happy to do what Haley does. Haley is a HUGE ball player. She will chase the ball as long as you will throw it and I have to be careful not to over heat her. I have to be careful where I throw too because she will go into the blackberry thickets to get the ball if I accidentally throw it in there. She and Maddie are really bonding, which is what I was hoping for. They play and romp all over the house and yard now. This winter when the yard is muddy is going to be.... shall we say challenging??? Yesterday I had them up on the mountain several times to play. Haley loves to go for the ball and Maddie (who really doesn't get the whole get the ball thing) loves to try and stop Haley from getting the ball. Here are some pictures of them playing.


This is a page I did with pictures from our Cour d' Alene trip. The way Haley and Olie played is what really made me decide she needed a fur sister. I used parts of 3 Little Dreamer kits by Julia Makotinsky; French Country Elements, Cute as a Bug and On Fine Day.

I did this page with pictures I took of the girls playing on the mountain the other day. Doesn't it look like they're smiling? We were out walking a few days ago and a little girl we see sometimes on our walk said, " Look dad, here come the smiling dogs". I think they look like they're smiling often. I did this page with a kit called Mud Puppy by Nancie Rowe Janitz of ScrapArtist.

I made a quick page from my page and Nancie was nice enough to let me offer it as a freebie. She is also offering it to Scrap Artist customers as a freebie too. You can download the QP here
You can also find the whole kit here at ScrapArtist.

I am off now to help my mom pick blackberries! Tomorrow I will be up about 5am. It's always a big deal for me to get up so early. I prefer more leisurely mornings! I'm at the hospital tomorrow and Lucy, who is playing volleyball again this year has to be at the school this week at 6am for weight training! That means I have to be up early all week, even when I'm not at the hospital. It will be an interesting week for both of us :)

2 comments:

justrenae said...

Hi Alana, Your layouts are just so cute!! I love your QP!! Thanks for sharing!

Love and hugs! Renae

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 25 Aug [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).