Sunday, August 17, 2008

Free wood!

This morning I went to help my mom in the garden. It's been hotter then heck the last few days. So I didn't shower, I just throw on some clothes and go weed, water and pick veggies. When I was ready to leave Bill asked if I wanted some FREE wood! I just got my wood stove last year but it doesn't take long to start coveting wood once you have one. You learn the difference between hard wood and soft wood. You also start planning for your wood for winter. FREE wood is like finding gold or money! My mom got her truck and we loaded up the truck and the back of my PT and made 2 trips! I have about 2/3's of a cord. Poor Alex, loved but openly lazy teenage son, doesn't understand why I have to bring home wood for him to help get out and stacked. I used my new electric log splitter to split a couple pieces. I have lot's of rounds that need splitting. I also tonight cut up and froze lot's of zucchini, crocked neck squash, peppers of a few kinds and green beans. I never did get a shower *oye fey* Tomorrow morning I'm up at 5:30am. The next 2 days I'll be at the hospital practicing my nursing skills. I'll play with the wood when I'm home :) Last night I played with my new graphic tablet a bit. I did this page with a picture of me and Jeff at the coast last week :) The paper is from Kim B and the rest is Chaos Lounge. Did I mention that we saw whales last week? I was surprised how well you could see them from the coast. I will have to try and get pictures of the whales next time.

1 comment:

justrenae said...

It is so interesting hearing about your everyday life. It sounds like we live on a different continent. The Oregon coast looks soooo beautiful! But the woodburning stove and collecting wood and having a wood splitter is completely foreign to me. It does get cold here in Alabama. Usually, what we call really cold (right at the freezing point), we get 2 to 4 weeks of it in an entire year. I wouldn't know what an electric wood splitter was if I tripped over it. I WANT TO VISIT OREGON!!!

Love and hugs!! Renae