Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lucy's bottom!

Well I took Lucy to the surgeon yesterday. He numbed her bottom and cleaned out the cyst/abscess right there. Luckily once she was numb she didn't feel anything. She is really sore now though. He packed it and left it open, about 1.5 inchs (but covered with gauze). I have to take out the packing and repack it tomorrow. She is not going to like that, but it has to close from the inside out. I have done these before but it can be painful for the patient. I did get to watch him do it too. From a nursing perspective it was kind of cool! Lot's of pus in it that came flying out as soon as he cut and then irrigating it was neat to watch too. From mom perspective I was glad she couldn't feel anything! She goes back next Tuesday for a check up and he thinks maybe in a couple weeks she can play volleyball. Today she is determined to go get her picture taken with her team for the year book. She hasn't even sat up straight yet, so we'll see how that goes. I'll keep everyone updated.

Alana

No comments: