Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Little Lucy is Hurting :(

Poor Lucy is laying in her bed right now, luckily not in much pain because the doctor gave her vicodin. She has a Pilonidal cyst at the end of her tail bone. The doctor thinks she's had the cyst for sometime, but she fell off a balance ball last Friday morning with a 25 pd weight on her tummy and aggravated it. She didn't tell me about it until Saturday afternoon right before she went to a friends house to spend the night. She said her tail bone was hurting and told me what happened. I was a little annoyed because it seems with Lucy to get information from her sometimes is like pulling teeth! I looked at her tailbone and didn't see anything, although I felt a little pea size bump. She still wanted to go to her friends so I let her. Sunday when I picked her up she said it was still hurting so I gave her more ibprophen and didn't think too much of it. Monday morning she had to be at weight training for volleyball at 6am and she said she didn't want to go because her tail bone was hurting and I thought she was just trying to get out of going, so I made her go! Then I went to the hospital at 7am to do my co-op. At about 8:30 Alex called and asked if I knew Lucy's tail bone was bleeding! I told him to bring her into the ED. Which he did after he ate breakfast because he could feel his blood sugars going low ( this is a whole other story ). When she got there the doctor looked and said she needed to see a surgeon. That little pea sized lump was now HUGE and fluid was oozing out and very painful. I, of course felt like a horrible mother! I made her go to weight training because I thought she was making too much out of it. This is right up there with the time I tried to get Alex to walk on his broken leg when he was 4 because I didn't think it looked broken! No wonder my children look at me funny when I say I want to be a nurse so I can help people!! Anyway.... Lucy see's the surgeon at 1530 today. Since the ER doctor told me these are extremely painful cysts I'm being more generous with the vicodin then I would normally be. The ER doc doesn't think she'll be able to play volleyball this season either :( We'll see what the surgeon says and how she feels. Last night I couldn't go to sleep because of my mother guilt *sigh*, so I scrapped a page of Lucy. I did this with Renae's Mimi's House Kit. I also was playing with my new Wacom tablet last night and made some doodle flowers. I love doodles in scrapping. I'm not much of an artist but I'll try to use them in a page soon and show them to you!


And thank you to everyone who left me nice comments about my quick pages! I love making them.

No comments: