Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's scheduled

Wednesday I went with Alex up to OHSU. It was a good visit and he's now scheduled to have the surgery June 23. Dr. Adler is going to try a less evasive approach if he can that will lessen Alex's chances of infection and keep him off his feet only a couple of weeks hopefully. Now the fun part... getting Alex to really control his blood sugar. It is going to make all the difference in how he heals from this surgery. He claims he understands and he's going to do it. I hope so. Sometimes it sucks being the mom. I think babies should come with warning labels: Sure I'm cute and cuddly now, but I'm a lifetime of worry and stress *sigh*

On a lighter note. Lucy was asked to play on a summer volleyball league at Marist High School. She had a blast today and it's good for her. Looks like I'll be driving back and forth to Eugene some more. I also applied for a job as a NURSE! at the hospital today. I better get my butt in gear and study for my NCLEX.

No comments: