Monday, May 4, 2009

Alex

Well, this is week 6. I am half way done with my last quarter of nursing school :) I'm half way done with my preceptorship. It has been great working at the Cottage Grove Community Hospital. I'm starting to feel more confident about talking care of patients. Tomorrow will be my 14th day at the hospital, 11 more to go. We have our first test this Wednesday. I have actually studied for it a bit. I am a wee bit stressed though. Alex has been feeling very ... I'm trying to think of the words.... I think he feels trapped. He's 19, couldn't join the marines like he planned after high school because of his diabetes. He can't figure out what he wants to do. He's kind of lazy and has 2 surgeries coming up. So yesterday he left with a couple of friends to drive the junky old car they bought to Arizona to see another friend. They left last night at 820. Their plan as far as I know it is was to take 126 to Idaho, then go to Utah and down to Arizona. *sigh* I want him to have the big adventure he wants. I just want him to be safe. He's an insulin dependent diabetic with a leg he's been told could fracture with too much stress because of cysts. Hopefully I'll hear from him soon. So far he has his cell phone off. He doesn't have a car charger so I'm assuming it's to save the battery. Since I was thinking of him today I scrapped some pictures from when he turned 19. I used a kit called Weekend Smile by Kitty Chen.

I also scrapped a couple of pages of Zak and Wytner from when Wynter visited Zak last month. She looks like she's getting sooooooo tall! I'm hoping I'll get to see her this summer. I used a kit called Grunge Attitude by Caliméro.

No comments: