Monday, April 27, 2009

Sick Days

I am in my final quarter of nursing school and until last week I made it all the way through never missing a class day or clinical day because I was sick. The past 5 days I have had the worst head/chest cold ever! And I missed nursing lab last week :( I'm going to have to make it up and I missed a couple of days in the hospital, I'll have to make those up too. I did feel good enough to day to get my butt up and shower and do a bit of school work. Tomorrow I'm hoping I feel good enough to walk my dogs that haven't been walked for 5 days and do some school work. I have 3 projects that will be due in the next few weeks. I have been having a great preceptorship though. I've managed to do my first 3 IV starts on the first try :) I think I have a knack for it. I've done a blood transfusion, managed a multiline IV, cleaned and dressed several wounds. Wound care is something I'm really interested in. I am really learning a lot and enjoying my preceptorship. Tonight I took it easy after dinner and scrapped a page. This is me and the girls in March when Jodi was here. I used a great kit I downloaded tonight called So Natural by Akiloune Designs.
Lucy had her last all day tournament a week ago last Sunday. Poor thing she was really sick by the end of the day. She's such a trooper, she played in every game even though she wasn't feeling well and her team made it to the semi finals. Now she's on to open gym volleyball at the high school and we're working on her fund raisers so she can go to volleyball camp in Bend this summer.



No comments: