Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! I didn't even realize this was Easter Sunday until Friday! And Friday was Lucy's birthday. The little darling is 16! We didn't do a big birthday party because she wanted to play club volleyball (which ends after next week) and that was a bit on the expensive side. So for her birthday (after I worked at the hospital all day) I made her cake and then Lucy, Kelsey and I went shopping at the mall and then the girls went to see the new Hannah Montana movie that came out Friday and Jeff and I went to dinner, then picked them up, came back home had birthday cake and crawled into bed. This next week I'm going to try and do 4 days at the hospital, skip class on Wednesday and get Lucy to the DMV to try and get her learners permit. Today I was going to work at the hospital but my nurse got called off so I am home. I guess I will have to make Easter dinner :) My preceptorship is going good. I'm really enjoying working one on one with my nurse. We have little quiz's every week but we can do those on line, the reading doesn't seem to be too much so far. We have 3 projects to do this term :( but I'm sure I'll get through it. I hope I'll have time to get a garden started soon though!
My little Alex has now decided he isn't sure if he's going to have the surgery on his tibia. This has me rather distressed. He's looking at a much more major surgery if he breaks that leg. He also isn't doing well managing his diabetes. Unfortunately this is par for the course with many teenagers but it's stresses me out too. It's really hard to watch him do things that I know are hurting him. I'm having to realize that I don't get to control what he does anymore. I think I enjoyed mothering better when he was little and was happy to do whatever I told him to do *sigh* Being in nursing school I see people in the hospital all the time because of the consequences of not controlling their diabetes. Alex knows, I've talked to him about it, his doctors have talked to him but so far it hasn't done any good. He also worries me because he seems to have no direction in his life. He is my child that I worry about the most and I'm sure what to do to help him. Hopefully he will be like many teenagers and get his act together here eventually.
Since I didn't have to go to the hospital this morning and I was up early anyway. I scrapped a picture from when Jodi was here. She's going to probably say I shouldn't have posted this picture but I think it shows us looking happy even if it's not our best picture. We were over at mom's making breakfast before Jodi went back to Cali. The kit I used is: ADD ON "The Walk of the Lovers" by Choubinette Design

No comments: