Saturday, March 28, 2009

Jodi's Visit and Alex Update

My sister Jodi flew up to visit with me and went with Alex and I up to Portland last Monday to see Dr. Adler about his bone cyst. The news was pretty positive. Yes Alex should have surgery to aspirate the cyst and graft cadaver bone in to strengthen his tibia. He did give Alex the option of doing nothing. He said in about 5 years the cyst should disappear and Alex's body would rebuild bone on it's own. There is a good chance the bone would fracture before that though and then Alex would have to have a rod inserted. Alex is opting for the surgery. After he heals from this he'll have to have his ACL repaired in his left knee. Poor guy is going to be laid up for a while and is not thrilled about it. After we were done with that we all felt a lot better and Jodi and I had a great visit! We visited some of our local wineries and sampled some local wines. This is a picture of Jodi when we were at the Chaetau Lorane.

Here is the both of us! We had just come from the Kings Estate.
This is a page I did of Jodi's visit. I used Delicious Spring add on by Choukette to do this page.
Now I have to get my butt in gear and get ready for my final term as a nursing student! I have to work 25 full shifts with a nurse along with my school work. I can't wait to be done!

No comments: